Integration into application software
The scanCONTROL sensors record a profile from individual calibrated points for each measurement. These profiles can be used individually or combined in a container set, and transferred to your own applications as an array or matrix. In addition to the data transfer of individual measuring points and their additional information (e.g. intensity, counter reading) the entire configuration of the sensor can also be controlled from its own application software.
In order to access the functions for configuration and data transfer, Micro-Epsilon offers different tools:
The scanCONTROL Developer Tool is designed to help developers integrate the scanCONTROL sensors into their own application based on the scanCONTROL SDK (LLT.DLL):
- Complete integration example with source code
- MouseOver feature for the scanner parameters displays the associated DLL function
- Read and write access to the sensor registers
- Visualization of all available transmission modes for scanner data
The C/C++ library for scanCONTROL supports both static and dynamic loading. Both stdcall and cdecl are supported as calling conventions. The individual functions of the library are clearly documented in the interface description and explained using examples.
The scanCONTROL SDK integration package includes:
- LLT.DLL library file
- Documentation for interfaces and scanCONTROL
- Interface for C#, Python and VB .NET
- Numerous programming examples for C++ and C# (e.g. trigger and container mode)
The scanCONTROL instrument driver LabVIEW supports fast integration of scanCONTROL sensors into National Instruments LabVIEW. For accessing a scanCONTROL sensor and its basic settings, users can drag-and-drop modules directly from the function palette into their VIs. Example VIs illustrating the scanCONTROL integration are also part of this package.
The integration of scanCONTROL sensors into the LabVIEW environment is based on the C/C++ library (LLT.DLL) of Micro-Epsilon. Detailed documentation also shows how to set up additional special sensor parameters.
The scanCONTROL instrument driver for LabVIEW:
- Developed according to the LabVIEW instrument driver guidelines by National Instruments
- LabVIEW 2012 and higher supported
- Comprises instrument drivers for 32Bit and 64Bit
- Fast and easy access to all settings via function palette
- Ethernet interface supported
- Example VIs
- Detailed documentation
The new scanCONTROL AIK adapter provides a fast integration in Cognex VisionPro via the Cognex AIK server. It combines the advantages of the Cognex VisionPro environment to generate fast and reliable applications with the advantages of native scanCONTROL integration.
The AIK adapter can be used to generate Cognex Range Images out of scanCONTROL’s measurement points to process it comfortably with the Vision Pro algorithms. Beyond that, all well-known configuration options of the scanCONTROL sensors are available.
To get a quick start, the scanCONTROL AIK adapter comprises an elaborate documentation for all sensor settings and the necessary configuration steps in Cognex Vision Pro.