Defect detection on bodyshells (BIW)
The surfaceCONTROL 2500 measuring system is used for defect detection on diffusely reflecting surfaces. In combination with robots, the surfaceCONTROL 2500 is used for fully automatic defect detection on body shells. This system works according to the method of fringe light projection. By means of a learning process, local form defects such as bumps, dents, etc. are reliably detected, while permissible deviations are tolerated.
The surfaceCONTROL systems consist of sensor, robot, computer and software and interface package. Different versions of the system are available, which are configured according to customer-specific requirements. The number of reflectCONTROL sensors and robots required can be flexibly adapted to the required throughput.
- Complete integration by Micro-Epsilon: sensors, robots, evaluation and integration from a single source
- Compatible with common industrial robots
- Objective 100% inspection of all vehicles produced
- Inline integration into the production line
- Flexible multi-robot and multi-cell configuration
- High positional accuracy of defects
- High detection rates