Whether in hot strip mills, casting plants or Steckel rolling mills, thickness measurement is one of the central control and quality assurance measures in the rolling process. Micro-Epsilon has perfected optical thickness measurement with the thicknessCONTROL MTS 9202.LLT series. High precision across high thickness variations, as well as robustness against the challenging environmental conditions impress in various measurement tasks in the hot rolling area. Micro-Epsilon offers infrared temperature sensors and displacement sensors for further measurement tasks in the hot rolling area.
- Patented measuring principle with blue laser line against red-hot metal
- Special sensor technology with double camera with 400 mm measuring range, accuracy +/-10 µm
- High-performance cooling system for material temperatures up to over 1000° C
- Pneumatic protection device of the optical system
- Material / and alloy-independent fully automatic calibration and measurement
Thickness measurement in the hot rolling mill with the thicknessCONTROL MTS 9202.LLT C-frame system
The advantages of thicknessCONTROL MTS 9202.LLT come into their own especially with high thickness targets or large variations in thickness during the rolling process.
- Suitable for material thicknesses from 400 mm to 1 mm
- Thickness or thickness profile measurement, selectable by software
- Integrated calibration within seconds to compensate for thermal effects
- Excellent ratio of measuring range to precision
- High data density for profile thickness measurement thanks to high traversing speed