The new generation of high precision inline 3D measurements
The high precision surfaceCONTROL 3D 3500 is a 3D fringe light sensor which is ideally suited to automated inline geometry, shape and surface inspections on diffuse reflecting surfaces. The surfaceCONTROL 3D 3500 stands out due to its compact design and high measurement accuracy combined with high data processing speed. Two models cover different measuring fields.
In addition to the fast data output via Gigabit Ethernet, the sensor offers an additional digital I/O interface. The 2D/3D Gateway II supports EtherNet/IP, PROFINET and EtherCAT connections. Powerful software tools enable precise 3D measurements and surface inspections. GigE Vision compatibility also allows easy integration into third-party image processing software. The comprehensive SDK for customer software integration rounds off the software package.
- 3D geometry inspection and shape detection
- Inspection of electronic components
- Defect detection
- 3D text recognition and detection of finest structures
- Complete 3D images in 0.2 s
- Micrometer-accurate snapshots with large measuring fields
- Highest precision up to < 0.4 μm
- Up to 2.2 million 3D points / second
- Digital interfaces (integrated): GigE Vision / GenICam
- Digital interfaces (via 2D/3D Gateway): PROFINET / EtherCAT / EtherNet/IP *
- Digital in-/outputs: 4 digital I/Os for which parameters can be set (for external trigger, sensor control, output of sensor states)
* Evaluations from 3DInspect can be transmitted to a PLC via these fieldbuses. Sensor settings can be loaded by a controller via 3DInspect using parameter set mapping.
3DInspect software for 3D measurement tasks and inspection
The 3DInspect software is a powerful tool for sensor parameter set up and industrial measurement tasks. This software transmits the measurement data from the sensor via Ethernet and provides the data in three-dimensional form. This 3D data is further processed, evaluated and assessed with 3DInspect measuring programs on the PC and, if necessary, logged and transmitted via Ethernet to a control unit. If required, these 3D data can be saved with the software. Furthermore, the set up and configuration of the sensor is possible via the software. For connection to an automation interface, the functional extension 3DInspect Automation is enabled with use of the SC3510 sensors, which also includes comprehensive data logging.
3D-View software for 3D visualization
The 3D-View software offers a convenient user interface for surfaceCONTROL sensors. This user-friendly software enables quick commissioning and evaluation of the sensor. It offers set up and optimization of parameters and ensures the correct positioning of the measuring object and sensor. The software can also be used to start data acquisition. It visualizes the 3D data obtained and exports it in different file formats (ASCII, CSV, STL, PLY) for further processing.
The 3D-View software is particularly helpful for system integrators as it provides important information. They can access all GenICam parameters, which considerably simplifies the integration of the software. For inline applications, the display of the measurement duration allows conclusions to be drawn about the cycle time.