Fully automatic surface inspection of painted car bodies
A perfectly painted surface is every car's staple feature, and thus represents a very emotional measure of quality for the customer. To optimize this surface, two to four robot-assisted systems (depending on the cycle time) of the reflectCONTROL PSS 8005.D type allow objective in-line inspection of each car body. The defects are measured laterally and in depth, and classified on the basis of catalogs and optionally marked. This way, follow-up work and process improvements can be performed precisely as required and easily.
- Objective 100% inspection of all the vehicles manufactured
- Employees can concentrate on remedying critical defects and not on identifying them
- Detection of defects immediately after the painting booth, when they can still be easily reworked
- Cutting costs by reducing defects
- Reducing the number of rework lines
- Defect sizes of from 10 µm, lateral
- Local 3D-reconstruction allows the automation of follow-up work
- Detection rate that is practically independent of color
- Not dependent on the robot type
The reflectCONTROL PSS 8005.D system uses robot-controlled sensors that inspect shiny surfaces on the principle of the phase-shifting deflectometry. The robot tracks are defined offline by simulation with the aid of CAD data of the objects being inspected. Optionally, automatic defect marking can be performed with the automationCONTROL PSS 8005.M system.
- Inspection time <1 s per robot position
- Detection rate >95% for all relevant defect types
- Reproducible inspection, regardless of the personal constitution of human auditors