Job opportunities of Micro-Epsilon America
MICRO-EPSILON is a world leader in high-precision sensors, instruments and systems for displacement, position, dimension, color and temperature measurement. An innovative, multi-technology company which is dedicated to solve basic and extraordinary applications with an unrivalled range of standard or customized products.
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator is responsible for the handling and processing of materials and the maintenance of the warehouse area. This role will receive material from outside vendors and customers, process transactions in ERP system and route to destination. This position is responsible for receiving, processing, storing, routing and distributing property and materials and will work closely with supporting office and sales staff.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage the daily shipment and fulfillment of customer orders.
- Package and coordinate the shipment of trade show materials to and from warehouse and show site to ensure prompt and safe arrival at both destinations.
- Receive and verify all incoming shipments.
- Organize, maintain and safeguard the inventory stored in general stores, as well as sensitive trade show materials.
- Develop warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Implement regular inventory cycle counts to maintain accurate numbers in ERP system.
- Assist with the serialization of entire warehouse inventory and maintain this system moving forward.• Keep the general stores area clean and organized.
- Monitor, remove and sequester obsolete products.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of warehouse and shipping supplies.
- Send purchase orders to vendors through ERP system to maintain minimum stock levels of goods and based upon customers’ orders.
- Work closely with the accounting department to assure accurate, timely and thorough payment of vendor invoices.
- Monitor and coordinate the prompt arrival on all incoming international shipments through communication with vendors and UPS customs.
- Enter tracking numbers for outgoing shipments in ERP system.
- Assist office operations or other support services personnel, when required, on special projects.
Skills and qualifications
- handle multiple priorities without undue stress or errors
- inventory cycle counts
- lift up to 50 pounds
- excellent communication skills
- have a good understand about warehousing and shipping/receiving
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
- Must be able to read and write English.
Qualified candidates please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.